Our passion is to delve into the heart of God, to love the Lord our God with all our heart, all our soul, and all our mind, and to love our neighbor as ourselves. Our “ethos” in carrying out this call is through fervent, persistent, and united prayer. Prayer is the “ethos” of everything we do at Gate City Church. Yet it is not prayer for prayer’s sake, it is prayer that leads us to the heart of God. We do not dedicate ourselves to seek after the Father’s hand, we dedicate ourselves to seek to know God.
As we passionately seek after God, he will begin to transform our hearts to love the things that are in the center of His heart. To learn more of how we carry out this vision to passionately seek the heart of the Lord, click here.
Our overall vision for Gate City Church is to boldly proclaim the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We believe that we are called to win the lost, make disciples, and train them to go and do the same. We have a strong sense that the Lord has called us to be God’s ambassadors in building bridges to span the divide between those who have entered into a relationship with Christ and those who have yet to make that decision. To accomplish this, we believe it is critical that all of our people become strong in:
The Word—the ability to understand and apply the truth of God’s Word in their everyday life. “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.” (Psalms 119:105)
Worship—the ability to give God the glory He deserves “Ascribe to the LORD the glory due to his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness.” (Psalms 29:2).
Witness—a life and words that spread the aroma of Christ among non-believers “…and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” (Acts 1:8).
Work—every Christian needs to be involved regularly using his or her gifts and talents to serve God through the church. “Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others.” (1 Peter 4:10)
There are many things we deeply value at Gate City Church. Below is a summary of some of the core values at Gate City Church. To review our Statement of Faith, go to the section, Our Beliefs.
- Respect – We deeply respect God and His Word. We also respect every person regardless of race, age, marital status, etc. We believe all people are God’s creation and should be valued, loved and respected.
- Biblical Fidelity – Our goal is to teach God’s Word faithfully and apply it to everyday life.
- Caring for One Another – We wish to grow small while we grow big! Many of our church family meet in small fellowship groups (MiniChurches), and we strive for an atmosphere of caring and respect at all services.
- Community and World Outreach – We believe God has called us to serve our community and help others around the world find faith in Jesus Christ. One way is to build bridges of ministry into the community, through which we can care for people.
- Contemporary Forms – In our services, we use multimedia and contemporary worship to share the ageless Good News of the Bible.
- Orderliness – We are charismatic, yet conservative, in our expression of the gifts in worship and ministry.
- Spiritual Gifts Orientation – We believe the Holy Spirit gives all the gifts mentioned in the Bible. We help our people discover their gifts and talents so they can serve the Lord effectively and with joy.
- Teamwork – Working together we are able to accomplish more than we can independently. We value working together as a team. Gate City Church is a congregation with beliefs deeply rooted in the Bible as the Word of God.
We at Gate City Church are a church committed to the following:
- Purity of heart and tongue
- Pursuit of God: consecrated seekers of God
- Peace with God and man
- Praise & Worship
- Proclamation of the Word
- Persuading men thru witness & evangelism
- Purpose: the Great Commission & World Missions
- People committing to service & lay ministry
- Pleasing God
- Pioneering new ministries
- Planting new churches
- Posterity: creating and maintaining a ministry work that will impact generations